Sunday, April 17, 2016

Tribute to Zafer Estill

It is with great difficulty, I share this post about the passing of my 19 year old nephew Zafer Estill.

Thursday night after midnight I was called my my distraught brother, Lyle who shared the terrible news that his son was dead.  I could hardly understand what he was saying.  I did not want to understand it.

His obituary is here.

A promising young man whose life was cut short.

He was polite, kind and interested in life.  Because he knew I liked business, when we were together, he talked about business.  I thought he had potential to be a great business person because of his natural interest.

I recall once he did a run of tshirts and sold them for $20 US each.  Even for uncle Jim, this margin seemed a bit much.  But I was visiting and he was away.  I took one from his stash and left a $20 bill.  How better to support a budding business person than buying their product.

I remember him reading Business Week magazine that my father had on his coffee table.

The photo is from a few years ago but of course I remember him as a child.

Now to cry...


2 Comments:

At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Sharon said...

So sorry to her about the loss of your nephew Zapher. Too many of my close friends have lost their children to heroin. So much ability and energy and future hopes.
May God comfort your family.
- Sharon Wong

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

For some reason today, I was looking around your blog, and clicked through to this post. I can only imagine how devastated everyone in your family was - and how much they miss your nephew still. Having gone through unexpected loss of a loved one, I understand the rawness of both shock and grief.

I send my caring to you and yours, even though it has been a year. Sometimes, grief lingers, and caring is still needed.

I hope this sunny morning is a good one, my friend. I am thinking of you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home